These Mushrooms on Toast are golden brown bits of chewy, smushy, crispy deliciousness piled on top of crunchy buttered toast bursting with intense umami tones and a peppery kick. A pile of cream cheese on top wouldn’t go amiss either so dollop a bit on if you fancy.
It takes only 15 minutes to make and is extremely easy to double in size if you’re massively hungry or have guests, so what are you waiting for?!
Questions about Mushrooms on Toast
How to make Mushrooms on Toast? To make Mushrooms on Toast you will need to fry mushrooms in a frying pan with a dash of oil. When browned and tender, add mustard powder, yeast flakes, salt, pepper, garlic powder and tamari/soy sauce. Fry another 5 minutes then add on top of toast of your choice. A scoop of cream cheese or two wouldn’t go amiss either!
These Mushrooms on Toast are…
Mushrooms on Toast Recipe
Ingredients for mushrooms on toast:
- 300g selection of mushrooms (chestnut, oyster, enoki, button etc) sliced
- 2 tbsp rapeseed oil
- 1/2 tsp mustard powder
- 1 tbsp yeast flakes
- 1/2 tsp ground white pepper
- 1 tbsp soy sauce/tamari
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the oil then throw in the mushrooms.
- Pan fry until mushrooms brown and become tender (approximately 10 minutes).
- Add the remaining ingredients and fry a further 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve on a slice of proper crunchy toast.
Made this Recipe?
If you had a go at toast please feel free to give me a shout on Instagram at @food_flaneur – would love to see your pics!
If you like toast…
You should definitely give these recipes a try:
Big Thanks to…
The Kitchn for their inspiration in helping me to create this recipe. You can find their version here.